Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's With Mely

Every once in a while, we try to have a crafty day of some sort together, my niece and I. Unfortunately, last week we had to cancel last minute, but she ended up coming over on Saturday instead. My boy and hubby went to a birthday party for a fellow classmate of my boy's and Mely and I hung out and did some sewing.

We were making dolls for Craft Hope. If you haven't, you must check it out. Very cool.

While I was drafting a pattern (inspired by my niece's very own "squishy baby"), she drew this picture for me:






To translate the kindergarten hand writing (which I love oh so much!), it says (as she read it to me):

One day I went to my auntie Jaime's house. I made a doll. It was fun. I helped her. She loves me.

One thing I must say I thought was super adorable, is that she added "dashes" to her doll drawing like I was for the seam allowance on my drawings. Eek! I love it.



Oh how sweet this girly is! And she is right, her Auntie does love her very much.

The dolls are heading out this week and next week I will get some pics posted of them. Fun, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment