Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vintage Spools of Goodness

Over the weekend I made a little something.

Okay, more than a little something...to me? It's a big something.

If you follow me on instagram, you got a little sneak peek of my vintage spools of thread:


They are vintage spools passed down to me from both of my grandmothers. One I knew very well and the other I never got a chance to know very well at all. But both were extremely important to me.

I've had the spools sitting is some containers in my sewing/craft studio for some time. I happened to be going through some old craft magazines when I happened upon a picture I had noted that I thought was awesome. I then KNEW what I was going to do with all that lovely vintage goodness!

I grabbed the spools, some scrap wood (that my son's taekwondo school generously let me have) and a glue gun.....

and VOILA!



I now have a fabulous handmade treasure full of thready goodness. :)

I took all the materials and just eye-balled it. Honestly, the trick for me was to NOT over think it. I tend to do that...ehem....

I love it. And I have to be honest, I'm pretty sure there are some tears mixed in with that thready goodness. I miss my Gramms. And I miss that I didn't get a chance to know my dad's mom. I'm sure I would have loved her. Meanwhile...I'm thankful I have memories and sewing treasures to remember them by.

No comments:

Post a Comment